Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hens


Our tiny balls of fluff are now six weeks old and looking more like real hens every day. We knew that chickens grew fast but were amazed at just how fast the changes occurred. Each morning we would go in and check on them and you could see a visible difference in their size and the amount of feathering. The top picture is the same chick that was in the top picture of the "Happy Spring" post. She is Brandon's chicken named "Rascal." Travis' is right next to her, his is named "Grey Fox," why I have no idea. As you can see they are now outside (they have been for about two weeks) and love when we let them into the yard. The dogs love it too as they will spend hours watching the chickens (the drool that is occasionally licked away tells us that friendship is not exactly what they have in mind).



2 comments:

GrandpaM said...

I think that "Grey Fox" looks, well, like a chicken. Great names - both of them. I can hardly believe the change in 6 weeks. Miraculous. I really like your blog site!!!

Love, Grandpa M

cbthrong said...

Just checked my email after a hiatus of about a week due to hosting Dad's Naval Academy buddies and their wives and started with Travis' pirate story. After both gasping and marveling at those well articulated thoughts , I immediately reviewed the whole blog site again. It's SO wonderfully conceived and carried out. We love it! Then, to our great pleasure, "Hens" came up today. Thank you for keeping us close to all that is happening! I'm sure Alex has shared our 'chicken' stories with you all. amazing how animals and kids can provide SO much material!

Looking forward to MAY'S blog !!!!

Love,
Nana B