Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Sun is Shinning

This past weekend has been wonderful! One thing about having lots of rain in OR is that when the sun comes out so do the people. Saturday we spent several hours outside, I pulled out a chair and a book and read in the sun, it was wonderful. Yesterday the boys had no school so once again I decided the house cleaning could wait for one more day and out we went. The boys had fun building a jump for Brandon's car, and soon their bikes.




We also took the dogs on a walk, I will have to have Alex take a picture of the dogs, boys and I. They boys were on their new scooters. Travis is still learning the art of balance but is doing pretty well and had a good time. He did spend a fair amount of the time walking beside his scooter but he was pleased with the effort and is convinced he is a great scooter rider.


While I may not look too big to the observer I am feeling it and as Alex so nicely pointed out I defiantly have a bit of a waddle to my walk. The dogs are good sports as we are just strolling along, Bree occasionally has to give a little leap up into the air as they are moving slower than their normal speed (I almost put walking speed but who am I kidding they don't usually walk outside:). Alex suggested next time we go I put on a tux and I would make a great penguin. Even without the tux we still got lots of smiles and a few comments as we do make quite a group.


Rain and colder weather are returning this week but we sure loved the sun while it was here!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Seriously, the sun has been fabulous! Glad you are enjoying it as much as we are.