In my opinion the best time to get the new nursery ready is when you are in your second trimester. At that point you have more energy and in my case the morning sickness is gone so you are feeling much better and you are not so large as to be uncomfortable. The trick is to convince your husband of this. When I first brought up the idea Alex's response was, "why now, we have until May 10th as long as we start by the end of April we should be fine."
To overcome this you need reinforcements, in my case it was not only my parents but also his both coming the same weekend. Perfect excuse as now the project is not to ready the room for the new baby but to get the room ready for our parents (thank you for giving us an earlier deadline!). As they are emailing comments like don't worry if the floor isn't in we'll be fine, I am relaying to Alex, "we have to get the floor in this weekend because our parents don't want to sleep in there with just the sub floor."
It also helps to have sons that are always ready to help in any demolition project. The boys were very happy to help me remove the old carpet and also helped in the painting. All working together the room is almost done. All we have left is to put the wood framing around the french doors and half of the baseboards still need to be put in. Once we have accomplished that we will be ready to move in the baby furniture and hang the pictures! Luckily my parents are coming back March 7th so we have another deadline in place.
To overcome this you need reinforcements, in my case it was not only my parents but also his both coming the same weekend. Perfect excuse as now the project is not to ready the room for the new baby but to get the room ready for our parents (thank you for giving us an earlier deadline!). As they are emailing comments like don't worry if the floor isn't in we'll be fine, I am relaying to Alex, "we have to get the floor in this weekend because our parents don't want to sleep in there with just the sub floor."
It also helps to have sons that are always ready to help in any demolition project. The boys were very happy to help me remove the old carpet and also helped in the painting. All working together the room is almost done. All we have left is to put the wood framing around the french doors and half of the baseboards still need to be put in. Once we have accomplished that we will be ready to move in the baby furniture and hang the pictures! Luckily my parents are coming back March 7th so we have another deadline in place.


4 comments:
That wall is so perfect for a boy nursery, I love it!!
Rachael
I love the blocks you did on the wall - they look amazing! I totally agree about getting the nursery done now. I painted Charlotte's nursery, Olivia's room and my kitchen and living room in the 2nd trimester (I get a little crazy when pregnant!). The only bad thing was I was pretty bored the last 10 weeks because I was so ready!
You 2 are so talented! Love the nursery!
I can't ewait to see it with the furniture in and the pictures up. It is so darling!
Post a Comment