The other day Frederick was looking desperately for someone to play with him. Ruthann had been his partner but was going down for a nap. Brandon and Travis were doing their school work and I was putting Ruthann down, then had a few things that I needed to get done before she woke up. Frederick meanwhile was all dressed up with nothing to do. Looking outside I suggested that Bree and Ester wanted to play with him. Looking at the dogs sleeping on the porch he dubiously replied, "they won't get up."
"Yes they will, I'll show you," Travis exclaimed and jumped up to step outside and call the dogs. Both dogs got up and ran over to Travis. Now that the dogs were up Frederick decided he would give it a try and marched outside in full regalia.
A very exasperated boy was back a few minutes later. While kicking off his boots he declared, "neither one wants to be the horse! They just keep moving away and telling me 'no'."
Not too surprised that they didn't want him to climb aboard I suggested that perhaps Bree could be his horse but he would just lead her rather than ride her. Frederick thought that a fine idea so we got her leash and off towards the woods they went. I ran in to grab the camera and got these shots before they hit the trees.

As I was going back in I heard Frederick instructing Ester, "you go that way around those trees and Bree and I are going this way. We will meet you over there but if you see a dragon, bark."
I guess Ester followed directions pretty well because they were happily playing out there for a long time.

1 comment:
I love it!!!! What a smart boy - and "horse"! Too cute. Glad you grabbed the camera. :)
Post a Comment