Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update

I don't really know where to begin so perhaps it is best to begin where the last post ended... chickens. They are outside now and enjoying fresh grass and spring weather. They are really fun to watch and growing fast. Now for news about us... Just when I was thinking things were going so well and smoothly I went into preterm labor. At 33 weeks it wasn't quite as scary as what we went through before Travis was born but the thought of having another child go through the NICU experience was not something we were looking forward to. We were lucky that things started Sunday night and Alex had Monday off. We are also so very lucky for the wonderful family that we have. Alex's Mom flew out Monday night and stayed for the two weeks I was in the hospital. His Dad also joined us (or them as I was 40 minutes away stuck in bed) for a week until I was able to come home for another week of bed rest. The day they left my wonderful sister Shauna came to run the house as I directed from the couch. I am so grateful to all of them and for the prayers of many others. So far Ruthann is staying put and I am no longer on bed rest as I have reached 37 weeks. Each day allows her to grow and develop more so we are grateful that she has this added time.
The boys have been wonderful. Frederick is a little less clingy now than he was when I first came home but still wants to know exactly where I am at all times. The above picture is on the way home from the library, I love how they all like to read in the car. Shauna commented on how nice it is that all the kids love books. When the energy level is getting too high a trip to the library is all that is needed and then the house is quiet for a few hours as they all are reading (Frederick loves to be read to but also likes to go into his room and look at books by himself).

The last two days have been beautiful and we are all enjoying the sun. For now I am taking things day by day and very, very grateful for all the help, prayers and blessings that have been showered on us.

1 comment:

Rach_Spencer said...

Scary. I'm glad everything is OK. Can't wait to see pictures of the cute little girl about to come your way!!