A couple of days ago we received a package from my Mom which contained some clothes for the boys as well as Ruthann. The boys have gotten used to having to look at girl clothes with me. I explained to them early on that it is more fun to look at and show new things to others than to just look at it by myself. As I showed it to them there were suitably enthusiastic. They were a bit thrown by the tights, Travis stated "I didn't think tights looked like that." "Well they are in a package" I replied.
"You know, I am getting really excited about having a girl." Brandon declared. "It is kind of fun to see all these exotic clothes."
My weeks on bed rest did allow me to finish Ruthann's blanket and even make her a matching doll version. I also made two sets of booties. The cute headbands were contributed by Shauna, based on our other kids chances are she will be bald or close to it for quite a while so I think they will come in very handy. Travis made the very cute and soft flannel blanket with the help of Nana. He is very excited for his sister to use it.
Spring time here brings sunny days and warmer wet days. We had just the screen door closed on Saturday when rain started pouring down. Frederick was so excited to hear the rain and raced to the door shouting, "rain, rain!" Even though we had just gotten him cleaned up from playing in the dirt we had to let him back out to play in the rain. He had a great time (and enjoyed the warm bubble bath awaiting him when he finally consented to return indoors).
Monday was a work day for the boys. They had a great time picking up some wood, loading it into a trailer, unloading it in our yard and then stacking it. I didn't get any pictures of Brandon and Travis but they were great workers, Travis was in the trailer unloading into Alex's wheelbarrow and Brandon's hand truck. They had a lot of fun and several times have commented on how much fun it was to do that type of work together. Frederick also was working hard and had a great time. Other than his nap I don't think he left Alex's side the whole day (except when Alex mowed the grass and Frederick had to have me sit on the back steps to watch it with him. He is afraid of the lawnmower but at the same time doesn't want to miss seeing "Dad cut grass").


1 comment:
Hello!
wonderful photos and words..such
lovely 'girl' clothes and blankets!
The guys are doing such good work together..'many hands'....makes it fun really. Certainly looks fun from here! :)a.k.
Post a Comment