Monday we had an interesting class on the anatomy of chickens. Brandon's chicken Rascal died in her sleep Sunday night so she was the object lesson. Alex showed the boys a diagram of chicken innards first so they would know what to look for and talked through what some of the organs did then he opened her up so they could see in real life (and so we could find out a cause of death). They were both very interested and below they wrote about their experience. Thanks Rascal for the lesson in anatomy and all the eggs!



One of our chickens died on Sunday night. On Monday we dissected it, it was cool! The trachea looked like a earthworm! The skull was 1 or 2 mm thick and rock hard!
by Travis

Last night my chicken , yes Travis and I chose a chicken to be our own, died of a "not happy liver." Well we cut open the chicken and looked inside and got to see the heart, liver (which wasn't a good liver), throat, and we even found an egg about to be layed, and three eggs in the making. Dad even cut open the skull and looked at the brain!
by Brandon

Below Brandon wrote "it is exciting to look inside a chicken" using the Greek alphabet. More about that later but let me just say when kids want to learn something they learn it fast and their ability to absorb information is so much greater than mine. They learned the whole alphabet in two days while Alex and I have only got the first eleven letters down. Also I am grateful that Travis consented to learn Greek (Brandon's vote) rather than Egyptian, I was voting for Spanish but maybe later, I'm glad I let them choose as they are very excited about it.
1 comment:
What a great life - full of learning experiences! Thank you for sharing some of the interesting things your family engages in. This is a good life on a world created for us to learn about. Great job!!
Love, Gpa Morse
Post a Comment