Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our girl is One!

Ruthann started walking one week before her birthday. She loves that she has her hands free to carry things as she walks around.

How I love this sweet girl. She is very busy, loves to discover new things and is in constant motion. I love how her face lights up when she sees me and how as busy as she is she still loves hugs and to be kissed. She leans her head toward you, presenting herself for kisses and will keep demanding them until she is satisfied.

Obviously she is a very happy girl. She still has very little hair. I think she is blond but Alex is sure she has light brown. I think we are both right. Her eyes are still a blue/brown hazel and I think may remain that way. All our kids have different color eyes, Brandon's are brown, Travis' blue, and Frederick's a green/brown hazel.

Ruthann was delighted with the fairy place setting she got from Sarah's family and her Nanna and Pappy. I need to take a picture of the headband that her Nanna made. It fits perfectly and is so cute.


Grandma and Grandpa got her this cart which she loves. She pushes it all around and loves that her doll comes too. She drags the doll out by it's head, hugs it then marches off with the doll hanging by an arm or leg.



As you can see she had fun with her cake. Below is the cake I made for her party. It was fun to make and very good. The different colors were made by melting white chocolate, adding food coloring then when the different colors cooled chopping them into small pieces.

We had great weather so had to have the party outside. For dinner we ate one of the chickens we raised and killed (a post on that later). It was very good, everyone agreed that you could taste the difference (we cooked a store bought one too so we could compare). All in all a fun day to celebrate a very fun girl!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Those are some great cake pics! Such fun to see your cute kiddos.

Ashli said...

Oh my goodness Moriah! Rue has grown so much since I last saw her in Dec! How exciting! She's such a happy girl! Miss you all!