Every day B & T do some writing. What they write is usually up to them. Sometimes they do pages of a workbook, write in their journals, email or work on reports. On exciting occasions they will decide to write a story. It has been fun to see what they come up with (languages have been invented and whole countries developed). Today Brandon wrote this story. He did also do a write up about his birthday party weeks ago which I have been supposed to post here, it is coming, but I thought I would at least get this one up in a timely fashion...
One time in Arizona a person tried to grow a garden. He spent 2 weeks planting his garden but, almost as soon as it had sprung up, it died. The person was very mad. he was so mad he went to bed right then and there.
A few days later he told his friend (who was a very good man with plants) about his attempt. His Friend tried very hard not to laugh. Being the man he was, being good with plants, as well as being a kind man, he told the person what had gone wrong. "First, my friend (the man I have introduced as 'the person' is really Henry)," said his friend (whose name is John) "you planted them in the summer, when the sun scorches all the living things. Second you did not turn the soil at all and third you did not give enough water to the plants, so they did not have enough water, and died. Now my friend, did you study at all on how to make a good garden? No, you did not. Go to the library and get a book or two on gardening."
So, off went Henry to the library to get the books. This time he did a good job, and never again did he not study, or at least get to know something about what he was going to do.
The End
by Brandon
1 comment:
Nice story! And it gives some great gardening advice--since I have so much trouble, I'm off to the library for a book on gardening :)
Post a Comment