Saturday, October 16, 2010

In the mind of a 2 year old

Frederick has quite the imagination and it is so fun to finally start to be able to see into it with him. This morning when I went in to get him out of bed he had thrown all of his stuffed animals out of his bed and piled his two blankets into a heap in one corner. When I walked in he pointed to his blankets and announced "honey tree." He is very into Winnie the pooh right now. This announcement was followed by, "get pooh" as he pointed to his pooh bear. When I gave him his bear he helped him climb up the blankets while saying, "up, up, up" and then took his paw, had it reach into the blankets and then put it in the bear's mouth and made eating noises. "Pooh eat honey" I was told. He then had me hand him a select few stuffed animals that were invited to share Pooh's honey.

After breakfast we were playing with a few trains that were having major brake issues resulting in numerous crashes into blocks. Suddenly Frederick looked at the bucket that the blocks are kept in and joyfully declared it was a honey pot. After pretending to eat honey out of it he stuck it on his head and wanted me to pretend to help him pull it off. We did that a few times and then Frederick turned into a bouncing Tigger with a honey pot stuck on his head. His first idea was to bounce Ruthann who was practising sitting up but agreed that I was a suitable substitute. I finally had the idea to go get pooh so he could bounce him. I had to run grab the camera and of course this time he missed the bear completely but you get the idea. This age is so very fun!

No comments: