Monday, February 22, 2010
Valentines Day
I love traditions that repeat year after year so that I don't have to come up with new ideas every holiday. When a friend of mine mentioned that she made each of her children a personal cake for Valentines day I jumped at the idea. We have found good cake recipes that work for Frederick but the frosting has been the challenge. I found that fondant works so was excited to try it. It was a lot of fun! With Brandon and Travis home all the time making the cakes as a surprise required a late night so Alex and I were up Saturday until midnight baking and decorating. All three boys were thrilled with the results and Alex and I had a great time talking and creating together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You did a great job on those cakes! Fondant can be so much fun to work with--kind of like playdough. Looks like the boys loved it!
Those are so great! Way to go.
Post a Comment