Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall

My lungs aren't working well. They fill a rather important job and it is annoying when walking or caring the laundry to the laundry room leaves you panting and light headed. Luckily they work fine if I don't do too much, so I am being careful and limiting my physical activity (this happened when I was pregnant with Frederick but only lasted two weeks, it has been over three weeks so far this time). The first couple of weeks this was very frustrating but I feel more at peace now as my perspective has changed. First it was Alex getting annoyed at me and reminding me that this baby I am caring is much more important than the things I am trying to accomplish, many of which can be done by someone else. And that limiting the baby's oxygen while it's body is trying to form may not be the best of ideas. All true. This stage of pregnancy is interesting, I know I'm pregnant but I don't really have a way to tell how the baby is doing yet. I feel nauseous (less now) but looking at me you don't think "oh she is pregnant", you think "looks like she's been gaining a little weight." Once a month I can hear the baby's heartbeat but between visits I just have to hope things are progressing well. I am excited for when I can feel him/her move.

The second thing that helped my change of perspective was the blessing that my Dad and Alex gave me. Blessings are always wonderful, mainly because when I have them I am reminded that my Heavenly Father knows me and everything that is going on in my life. Not only that but most importantly He loves me and I and my concerns matter to Him.

Third I realized that this provides a wonderful opportunity for our family to grow stronger. Doesn't your love grow so much stronger for someone when you are serving them? This provides an opportunity for my boys to serve me and they are really stepping up. Brandon was quick to offer to stay home from school to help me during the day (he was only mildly disappointed when I assured him I would be fine). Alex has taken over the mopping and everyone now carries their own laundry basket into the laundry room on laundry day. Groceries are carried in for me and I only have to ask once for the boys to go through the house and clean up not only their stuff but things that Frederick got out too. Of course Fall has hit and with it comes lots of leaves. When the boys got home from school the other day I asked them to please rake up the leaves. They worked really hard and had fun in the piles after. I have such a wonderful family!


2 comments:

cbthrong said...

We love you and hold you all in our daily prayers. Your faith and strength are inspiring...and building an eternal family.
Mom B

PS
I love 'leaf' pictures!

spflower said...

Moriah- You never fail to amaze and inspire me by your patience and attitude. I love you.