

We had a wonderful summer! So much fun with friends and family. We had a great time at Alex's family reunion and of course the kids took off like they had never been apart and had a blast. Frederick loved meeting his Berthrong cousins and mainly loved all the attention that was showered on him. We also went camping with some of our amazing friends, the trip could not have gone better. We made lots of plans to try to fit in other trips in August before school started but that didn't work out as instead I spent the last half of August battling terrible morning sickness. That's right I am pregnant and due May 3 (yes I know our three last kids will have a birthday within a week of each other). We are all very excited although I will be more excited when the morning sickness, that lasts all day every day, ends (sorry the last two days have been really bad but I'm hopeful it'll get better soon). Anyway that is why I have fallen behind in blogging. My boys are very helpful, we ended up telling Brandon and Travis earlier that we were going to because they were starting to get worried about me. Frederick just thinks it is funny and tries to make gagging sounds along with me. The funniest was when I went to change a stinky diaper and he laid down and started making retching sounds while laughing. It made me realize how often I was gagging and did make me smile. So our family is well. Brandon and Travis love school and Brandon has joined the city swim team (his first meet is in the middle of October). I am also on the look out for books for Brandon. He LOVES to read and just devours books and I have a hard time keeping ahead of him. He loved Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the Harry Potter series, Fablehaven series, The Other Side of The Mountain series, Earagon series, and other books that I can't think of now. So if you have any ideas for a 9 year old boy (he can read anything and to him the longer the book the better but the challenge is to find books at a good reading level that are appropriate for his age level) pass them on to me please.
Here are a few camping pictures:
5 comments:
Ah!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for your sweet family! Hope you feel better sooooo soon!
Love,
Jessica
Hooray! I was wondering where you had disappeared to:)
Henry loved the Little House on the Prairie books. I know that everyone thinks they are "girls books", but he was intrigued by all of the farming, pioneering, hunting, etc.
We need to get together soon!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very exciting....hoe you feel better soon.
I just thought of some books....The Tripods Trilogy -- there are 3 books the first one is called the White Mountains...can't remember the name of the others. The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien is also good.
What a wonderful and joyful experience this new addition will be comming to. We are delighted for all of you - AND us!
I hope you feel better real soon!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment