Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fresh Fish

When we asked the boys what they wanted to do this summer their number one request was to go camping for more than one night at a place where they could fish. That request was fulfilled a few weeks ago as Alex, Brandon and Travis left Friday night for a fun filled adventure, returning late Monday afternoon. Unfortunately they didn't bring the camera but they did stop at a trout farm on the way home (their fishing in the wild was unsuccessful) and caught three great looking rainbow trout. We cooked them up that night for dinner and they were actually very good (as you can tell I was a little surprised). I have rarely seen Travis eat anything that fast and although Brandon was unlucky enough to get a bone in the first bite he enjoyed it as well. They came home dirty and happy, having had a wonderful time hiking, swimming and fishing. Frederick and I had a very quite time at home and while we did miss the other boys it was nice to catch up on some sleep.

No comments: