Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hello World

I decided since I am so bad at keeping everyone updated on our families activities I would step out into the world of blogging.

The big event of January is of course Brandon's birthday. Somehow we have turned birthday celebrations into week long events (perhaps we should try to scale this back or we will regret it later...). Brandon's friend party was Saturday. We had to limit the number of people he could invite so he invited his cub scout wolf pack and two friends from school. They all had a great time bowling and eating homemade chocolate cheesecake (his tastes have matured with is age it seems).



Monday was his actual birthday and due to the weather school was delayed two hours. The extra time was well used with a pancake breakfast, watching Loony Tunes and playing with Travis. In the afternoon Alex and I brought cupcakes to his class and he enjoyed passing them out to everyone. Evening we were joined by Kristi, Mark and their family for a birthday dinner of potato pancakes, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit and cinnamon rolls followed of course by cake and strawberry ice cream. As if that wasn't enough Saturday his Grandparents on both sides are coming and we are going to OSMI and then out to dinner in a final birthday celebration. I wonder if I can drag out my birthday for so long...

1 comment:

GrandpaM said...

I believe that this is an entirely reasonable Birthday celebration for all of my grandchildren. In fact, a little home-made ice cream would be appropriate to add!

Actually, what a racket!! I remember when I was a kid ....

Oh well, we are really excited about seeing all of you this Friday! I loved seeing the pictures and hearing the story! That is one lucky boy!!!

Love, GrandpaM